Wednesday, October 31, 2007

wind.wind.wind.

So the wind has come out and dried up all the rain...at least we hope so. The skies still are grey and there is no sun in sight yet, but we are hopeful that it feels a little bit drier today. The condensation dripping off the fridge is less today, although the mountain of 2 weeks worth of dirty clothes that Miguel has affectionately named, Mt. Ruso, has had an avalanche and has birthed another hill. I guess we'll name it Mr. Ruso Jr.

Today is Halloween or better known in our family as my brother Cody's birthday! Happy Birthday Cody! We are so proud of you and think of you so often. We look forward to seeing you when God so chooses, and pray that will be soon.

You wouldn't know it was Halloween today unless you were in the big city like Santiago or Santo Domingo. The Dominican Yorks brought the holiday down from New York, but its not typically recognized here in this country.

I am glad the wind is blowing today. It does make it feel more like fall around here. I was reminded of the fall looking at all the pictures of pumpkins and pumpkin patches that my siblings have posted up for all to see and enjoy. Thank you all! And thank you dad for sending down a miniature pumpkin. I look forward to getting it every year, and it reminds me of home! I love you, my dear family!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that your dad sent you a mini pumpkin! that's so sweet and thoughtful!

Noella said...

So glad it is drying up a bit. I thought & prayed for you guys today as I cleaned a big patch of mildew off the wall in the boys room. I'm sure you have your share and hopefully not under Mt. Ruso. Praying for you all! Big hugs across the ocean!

C.A.F. said...

Thanks Jennie! You guys should go wind surfing, I bet it's amazing right now! Good luck with Mt. Ruso! I love you guys so much! :)